AAUW’s Mission AAUW advances equity for women and girls through advocacy, education, philanthropy, and research. Contact our president for more info.
*JOIN OUR INDIANA COUNTY BRANCH NOW. Click ” Membership App” to print out and send in your dues to our treasurer. Please send checks (made to AAUW) to Carolyn Princes, Treasurer.
PLEASE PLAN TO ATTEND OUR OCTOBER PANEL DISCUSSION
– The 2nd in our speakers series on the theme: “Women’s Health Care Means Health for All
WHEN: Wednesday, Oct. 18, 2017, 5:30-7:30 p.m.
WHERE: Breezedale Alumni Center, IUP,
PANEL DISCUSSION: “Accessing Health Care for Women in Rural PA” – A panel discussion of how public policies affect our health
- Lori A. Woods, Associate Dean, School of Arts & Letters, Associate Professor of History, Saint Francis University, Loretto PA
- Sherene Hess, Commissioner, Indiana County, PA
- Trina Thompson, D.Ph., BSN, Executive Director for the 1889 Jefferson Center for Population Health, Johnstown PA
- Abigail Adams, Assistant Professor of Anthropology, , Indiana University of PA
- Amanda J. Vaglia, DO, Family Practice Physician, Clymer Medical Associates, Clymer PA
- Erika B. Brosig, CS, MS, LSW, Clinical Supervisor Victim Services, Ferndale PA
ANNOUNCING! Click on our START SMART menu to register for our next negotiation workshop on Oct. 14, 2017 from 10 a.m. – 1 p.m.
AAUW’s Value Promise
By joining AAUW, you belong to a community that breaks through educational and economic barriers so that all women and girls have a fair chance. Our nonpartisan, nonprofit organization has more than 170,000 members and supporters across the United States, as well as 1,000 local branches and 800 college and university partners. Since AAUW’s founding in 1881, our members have examined and taken positions on the fundamental issues of the day — educational, social, economic, and political. The 2016-17 season is our Indiana County Branch’s 80th Anniversary!